Another no tray icon thread [CentOS]

I’m running Insync (1.3.14.36131) on Centos with Xfce desktop environment. I get a blank space in the tray instead of icon (it’s clickable).

I’ve noticed 2 things:

1. If I uninstall Insync then install it again I get the tray icon - but it is gone after restart.

2. If I start Insync via:

sudo insync start --no-daemon

I get the icon (and also it seems fonts in the right click menu are a bit different).

When I run just “insync start --no-daemon” I notice a bit different error output in the command line:

ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Notify
which: no kreadconfig in (/usr/lib/insync:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin)
QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set

Any ideas how can I fix it? I guess there must be a way :slight_smile: .

edit: I’ve also noticed that when I start the app with:
env -i DISPLAY=:0 insync start

The icon shows . but Insync won’t work (won’t sync) and I get error that locales are not UTF-8 (ok, just noticed that on 2nd start it began syncing but still complains about locales / UTF8 not set).

In my case icon went back to normal when I removed flatpak. Is there a way to have flatpak installed and an icon in Insync?

@Przemek_Jeske: The fix for the case when flatpack is installed is included with the 1.3.15 version. You can get it here: New Insync version: 1.3.15.