Duplicated folders

I had previously used Insync but it stopped working so I removed it. When 1.2 was released I gave it a new chance.

It is now syncing, but the problem is that it is downloading the entire contents of my Google drive to my computer and duplicating all folders that are already there. (Folder (2) etc)

The contents of my computer and my google drive is almost the same, except for files and folders added/updated on my comp since I removed Insync.

Two questions:

How can I stop Insync from making duplicates and instead realize that those folders are the same?
Does Insync look at the date of a file and only sync the newest file to all locations?

Thanks

@fried_eggz: Did you remove the Insync databases from previous installation, added account again and moved files from the old Insync folder to the new one? If so, this will lead to duplicates as Insync still lacks the file compare feature that allows you to re-use the existing folder so that you don’t re-sync. This feature is coming in the 1.4 version.

Thanks.

When can we expect version 1.4? This matching capability seems to be quite essential! I have two laptops that I both want to sync to google drive and each other using the insync client. Both laptops have the same established folder structure, and I want to use symlinks to keep it that way. That worked wonderful on the first machine, but now that I am trying to replicate this on the second machine, I end up with duplicate folders both in google drive and locally. I hope this gets fixed soon!

@wired: We don’t have an ETA to share at the moment but it is being worked upon.

Thanks.