Exclude Folder by Path (May different situation)

I’ve read this and this topic, and there is no working solution for me.

I sync some code directory, and when I test it, it generates executable for each platform/computer.
Especially, for Linux and macOS, it generates some executable(without any extension, so I cannot ignore it by extension) in a specified directory like ???/dist.
This executable is not useful for other platforms or environment. Therefore I do not wants to sync this directory (???/dist).

However, when I select this directory not to sync, it disappears, and when it appears again (like compiling again), my action has no meaning. I need to select the directory again…

I develop the codes on each platform/computer, so it is no meaning that selecting a directory to exclude from only one side because the directory will appear and disappear on both sides.

Are there any options that I can do or do I need to request a new feature?

P.S.
I’ve tried to link the directory to external directory. However, because of the compilers completely remove the directory, the link also disappears, so I need to link it again and again…

Have you tried out the selective sync feature for this? How to selectively sync Google Drive folders and files

Yes, I tried selective sync many times to figure out this problem.

In this case, I worked on Windows machine and just syncing and set settings on macOS machine.

1. check off a directory (code/checker/dist) from the selective sync on each machine
  2. apply changes
  3. Insync client removes the directory from each machine.

However, When I compile my program, the compiler generate the directory again.
Then selective sync setting about the directory turns out checked again.
(Even more, When I check the selective sync configuration on macOS machine, I can see there are three dist directories under a code/checker directory. One is unchecked, and new dist directories are checked. This may another bug)

1. the directory appears again on Windows machine
  2. unchecked directory appears like checked in the selective sync setting.
  3. Insync client on Windows starts to upload them again.
  4. Insync client on macOs starts to download them again.

I understand that this case may be hard to distinguish unchecked(and removed) directory from a newly appeared directory.
If it is hard to control, I wish to handle path from ignore list.

I’ve tried to handle this many times, but I fail always.

Isn’t here any update?
I have same problem exactly with him.

@QuietJoon: Please try the Ignore List feature: How to use the ignore list. In your case try adding “dist” without the quotes. This will ignore all files and folders named dist though, not just the one under the specified path.

Yes, I already using the ignore list feature for other purpose. (for ignoring *.o or some .git folder)
However, because the name dist is too general word to ignoring. There are other source code and resource in other folders.
This is why I do not use the feature for this problem.
This seems to be very general problem, and many other may stuck this problem.

In my case, when I can change the name, I’ll set another name.
But it is unchangeable (auto-generated, without option), and I cannot ignore dist for all.

@QuietJoon: I see. We don’t provide path based exclusion for now, apologies.