Fedora 22 grief

I’ve tried a few different things with Fedora 22/XFCE and Insync refuses to start. I’ve got the repo configured and have used dnf to install/remove a couple of times but am not making any progress. I see the pango errors as well. Any ideas? The application is showing up in my menus but I get nothing when I try to start it.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

Fedora 22. Gnome 3.16.

Installed TopIcons, not related. It worked once in the gnome hidden try too.

When I install, it runs normally and I configure it and it syncs.

After computer restart, while the insync app is in startup applications, it does not start.
I try to start it, I see it in the running processes as root, takes 100% CPU for 3 seconds and then dissapears.

I found out just now that when I run it with sudo it works. But it gets stuck again as it is trying to re-connect and do the initial setup as root.

This is very strange. Any ideas?

1 Like

Running insync headless may be our best option in Fedora 22 for now.

$ insync start --headless

or

$ insync start --no-daemon --headless

1 Like

I forced a pango fc21 downgrade, insync started with no reported errors and survived a reboot.

$ sudo rpm -i pango-1.36.8-5.fc21.x86_64.rpm --force

Obtained from: ftp://195.220.108.108/linux/fedora/linux/updates/21/x86_64/p/pango-1.36.8-5.fc21.x86_64.rpm

1 Like

The forced downgrade did the trick - thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi

i have the same issue running insync in F22. Although i installed it, insync won’t start (no errors output at insync start command). Any ideas? I have not installed TopIcons.

Thanks
Tolis

1 Like

I can confirm the bug.

I did an upgade from FC21 to FC22 and insync stopped working. Could not start it in any way.

The trick from @KK1357 worked. I don’t think it’s a viable option since it could break other components eventually…

So… forcing the downgrade makes insync working for the moment!

you should try the workaround from @KK1357

Its the same version of Pango, just a different build of it. No problems experienced or anticipated. The next Pango update should upgrade it without any problems. However, I’m not even sure this work-a-round is even necessary with the 1.2.12 release.

1 Like

Yeah it is. 1.2.12 still fails with ./insync: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcWeightFromOpenType.

The downgrade did work however.

bump

I just upgrade to Insync Pro and I am experiencing this issue as well (on Fedora 22/GNOME3). It would be nice if someone at Insync could reply with a status update.

Hi guys, I’m so sorry for the delayed response. The team is currently working on the issues present in Fedora22, I will tag @lpugoy in this, so he can browse through and see which ones are currently being addressed. Thank you.

Thanks @KK1357 for the workaround. This worked for me as well. One update I wanted to add was where I grabbed the RPM’s from. The F21 build appears required for this to work (a F22 build of the old version doesn’t help), so I just grabbed the F21 builds from Koji directly which is the canonical source for Fedora content (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=637466).

Here is what I did:
wget https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/pango/1.36.8/5.fc21/x86_64/pango-1.36.8-5.fc21.x86_64.rpm
wget https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/pango/1.36.8/5.fc21/x86_64/pango-devel-1.36.8-5.fc21.x86_64.rpm
sudo rpm -i pango-1.36.8-5.fc21.x86_64.rpm pango-devel-1.36.8-5.fc21.x86_64.rpm --force

Worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

Also, for anyone that does this and is getting tired of dnf constantly telling you that you need to update pango, you can run updates with:

sudo dnf update --exclude=pango

And you’ll be able to cleanly get other updates.

Downgrading pango is a workaround. I need a fix…

Everyone, the 1.2.13 release should address this issue. Please check it out here: New Insync version: 1.2.13/1.2.14.

Hi, I can’t install insync in Fedora 22 at all

The output error is this:

Error unpacking rpm package insync-1.2.14.35168-fc21.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/insync/faulthandler-2.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg: cpio: rename
Installazione in corso: insync-nautilus-1.2.8.35136-fc17.noarch 2/2
error: insync-1.2.14.35168-fc21.x86_64: install failed
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
which: no xmessage in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
insync-1.2.14.35168-fc21.x86_64 was supposed to be installed but is not!

Can you help me please? Thanks.

@Milozzy Please try this out: New Insync version: 1.2.13/1.2.14

Worked! Thank you very much!!!