Feed versus Progress

I understand that Progress tells me the progress of files/directories which are being uploaded to my Google Drive (or downloaded from there to my synced second computer, when viewed from the second computer).
I also understand that Feed tells me what files I have modified or added which are going to be uploaded to Google Drive because they are in the folders I have set to sync with Google Drive.
My understanding was that other added or changed files on my computer that are not in those particular chosen folders (eg the Desktop, which I am not syncing) should not appear either in Feed or Progress, because I am simply not syncing them.
However, after installing Variety, which I have set not to download any images but to create a desktop slideshow from one of my local Pictures subfolders, I find that Feed is reporting an image file changing name every time my desktop slideshow changes its picture.
As far as I am aware the names of the image files are not actually being altered in my Pictures subfolder but only in the Favourites folder of Variety… Unless there is some kind of two way symlink between the Variety Favourites folder and my Pictures subfolder? But I can see no sign of such.
So what is going on…? Before bothering the ever brilliantly helpful Insync team with my logs, maybe they (or anyone else?) could indicate where I should be looking or what I should be checking for an answer to this unexpected behaviour…

Sorry! I have found the answer. Variety places the current and previous picture (from its Pictures subfolder) back into my Pictures folder itself, and then changes them each time there is a desktop change.
So the question becomes, how can I stop these two pictures being synced every time Variety picks them up and changes their name? Otherwise I’ll need to go back to using Shotwell instead of Variety!
No urgency on this one…
David
David

tagging our engineers @dipesh @lpugoy @jimperio :bulb:

Sorry for the delayed response @David_Oser! Is there a pattern to the names that Variety software uses? If so, you can try our ignore list feature to keep the new files from getting uploaded: How to use the ignore list

Thanks