How to link folder on external drive to Google Drive folder?

Hello, I can’t find documentation on this anywhere. When I originally bought Insync, I made a Photos folder on my external drive and somehow linked it to the Photos folder on Google Drive. Not sure how exactly I did it. But there is another folder now called “Google Photos” which Google added to my Google Drive and linked to their Photos app. I’ve put all my jpg photos in there while keeping the raw files in the Photos. Anyways, I can’t figure out how to link those two folders through insync to an external drive while keeping the rest of the folders on the local HD. Thanks. Is there actually documentation somewhere that I’m not finding?

@rsmokin Simply move the old Photos folder inside the new Google Photos folder and the 2 will be linked together :smile:

Let me know if this works. If not, send us an email to support@insynchq.com

That’s not really what I was asking. The two folders are already separate, and I would like to keep them separate. But I would like both of them to be store on my external drive as my internal SSD is very small on my laptop. So the Photos is already on the external drive, but the Google Photos is on the internal drive inside insync folder. So how do I tell insync that I want to link that folder to an external drive storage location? Also, after a Windows 10 upgrade it seems stuck, keeps saying it’s trying to move 5263 files, it goes down to like 5100 and then goes back up to 5263. Is there a way to re-start the sync from Google Drive?

@rsmokin You may move the Insync folder in the new location (external drive). See how-to here:

Let me know if this works.