Installing Insync makes screen go black between switching users Windows 10

After installing insync due to google drive’s abysmally high CPU usage (Insync isn’t at least 20% lower), when switching users on windows 10 the screen goes pitch black and after pressing a lot of random keys, curing and waiting a couple minutes you get the login screen. Believe this has something to do with how it hooks into explorer. This alone will make the app unusable for me and my two companies.

The other potential deal-breaker is lack of bandwidth control and a minor niggle the lack of icon overlay control both of which Google Drive has.

Tagging our engineer @dipesh and he will get back to you.

@POM Do you experience screen going pitch black issue only if Insync is running and not otherwise?

We will be working on the bandwidth control soon. Could you elaborate on icon overlay control? Are the icon overlays not working for you or do you want to turn them off?

Thanks

I’ve uninstalled it and still experience it, hard to say exactly what caused it, could also have been a windows update.

Good job on the bandwidthcontrol! I just want to be able to turn overlay icons off.

Lastly I’d want to be able to sync .gdoc as .doc but be able to open the .gdoc from explorer e.g. right clicking the synced doc!

@POM To turn the overlay icons off, uninstall Insync first and then install it as a non-admin. To install it with non admin restricted privileges, please select “No” on the first prompt when you double click the installer.

Regarding syncing Google format files as .docx, please go to the account’s convert settings and “select Convert to Microsoft Office”

Right clicking the converted .docx file -> Insync -> Open in Google Drive web should open the sync’d document in the browser as a Google format file.

Thanks

So what the black screen / explorer.exe issues ever actually solved? I’m considering buying but won’t if issues like these are ignored. Can someone close this ticket if it is fixed?