Just discovered lots of unsync'd files

Hi there,

I was just navigating through Google Drive folders through a browser, in order to create a new spreadsheet. As I moved around I spotted a bunch of folders that I know I don’t have on my local drive (because they were moved), so I opened my file manager to confirm this. Then as I noodled around there I discovered a bunch of files on my local drive that didn’t have the ‘green tick’. And further, clicking on the RH mouse button didn’t show an insync option on the menu.

Any suggestions on how to get everything aligned?

I’m running Ubuntu 17.04, Gnome 3, and insync 1.3.14.36131.

Thanks!

Mark

@Mark_Birbeck: Do you have the insync-nautilus package installed? If it isn’t installed please try installing it then quitting your file manager by running nautilus -q then restarting it.

Or do you mean that the other files in your Insync folder have the “green tick”, just not these ones? Are these files under your Insync folder or are they under a folder that you used “Add to Insync” to?

Hi…thanks for getting back.

I already have insync-nautilus installed.

And yes, I mean that there are files in the directory that have the green tick, but alongside them, dotted around in various directories, I see files with no tick. And on those files insync is not present when I click the right-hand mouse option (to try to force a sync).

@Mark_Birbeck: Apologies for not replying sooner. Thanks for the info. And you mean that these files are also not in your Google Drive account? Try checking if the names of these files are matched by entries you added to your account’s ignore list: How to use the ignore list.