Just installed Insync on Windows 10. App won't open

I am a new user using a PC with Windows 10. I am starting with the trial version. I want to be able to link 2 or 3 Google Google Drive accounts. I had installed the app to my computer and linked it to a Google Drive account, but when I tried to open the app to add another account the only thing that would open is my Windows Explorer screen. I searched the help and saw the warning that if you had the Google Drive native app on your computer you should uninstall it, then reinstall Insync.

I uninstalled my Google Drive app and Insync too. I restarted my computer then reinstalled Insync, but when I try to open the app nothing happens. I don’t even get the set up screen. I click on the app and the only thing that happens is my start page disappears and I see the background picture on my desktop. That’s it.

I need help please! I am not a computer techie, so please use simple instructions. I don’t know all the computer lingo and gargon.

Hi @Linda_Humason, there should be an Insync icon in your task bar (lower right, near the clock) – clicking on the Insync icon should bring up the Insync app UI where you can add accounts.

Let me know if the clicking on the Insync icon on the task bar doesn’t work for you :slight_smile:

Clicking on the Insync icon doesn’t work for me. It worked twice, randomly. Now I can’t get it to open again.

Did they fix this problem? I’m having the same thing. Clicking on the taskbar icon just pulls up a blank window. Restarting doesn’t help. Reinstalling doesn’t help.

I think the issue lies in already having files in an existing google drive folder when I installed insync.

EDIT: I installed the 1.4 beta and this issue seems to be fixed.
EDIT EDIT: No, not fixed. After restarting the computer it no longer opens the app window.

its 2020 and I have the exact same problem. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed several time. I’m using version 3.1.0.40756. It seemed to start with the latest upgrade.

1 Like

We have a fix in an upcoming build!

i have the same problem…
after the last update, 5 hours ago… the program is not responding… just a yellow symbol in the icontray, i click and nothing happens
tried to re-install, and it didn’t work.

what can i do?

we are working on a fix (3.1.1) hopefully to be released tomorrow or monday

How can I revert to the previous version?

Hi @Filipe_Bonito,

3.0.31 can be found here: New Insync version: 3.0.31

Quit 3.1.0 on your tray icon first before running this version. Thank you!

thank you for the link,
it worked, after install everything works ok… until the program auto-updates and blocks again… :frowning:
any news on the fix?

try this – New Insync version: 3.1.1

I’m still getting this problem. Windows Server 2019. Icon is there, menu contains “Quit”, hover over version is 3.1.1.40765. But no UI/app window.

I take that back. It shows. Just a really long delay - many minutes. Perhaps it was processing something and wasn’t responsive.

Glad to know it was sorted out. Please update to 3.1.2 if you haven’t been auto-updated, and let me know if this behavior persists.

Thank you!