Lubuntu 15.10 - insync applet missing from panel

[SOLVED] Hello. I installed Insync with Lubuntu 15.10 - 64 bit and everything works fine. Then I installed Insync on an other machine, running Lubuntu 15.10 - 32 bit, and I no longer see the applet on the panel, I mean the indicator on files and folders; green check mark for synced etc…
Can you help me?
Thanks

Carlo

@lpugoy can you look into this? :slight_smile:

@carlo_anselmi: Thanks for reporting this. The tray icon showed in my test though.

If you mean the green check mark on the files in the file manager, you need to install a separate package to enable it. Please take a look at www.insynchq.com/downloads in the Linux Packages section. For example, to enable green check marks in Nautilus, install the insync-nautilus package. Hope this helps.

Hello Ipugoy
Thank you for your message. I’m using Lubuntu 15.10 for 32 bit CPU . Have you tested this version?
Greetings

Carlo

@carlo_anselmi: Yes, that is what I tested. Please take a look at this thread: (LINUX) How to solve the issue "tray icon is not showing".

Hello Ipugoy
It works! the problem was the sni-qt module that wasn’t installed
Thank you for your help!
Greetings

Carlo

Dear Ipugoy I’ve checked any item in the issues:

• sni-qt is installed,
  • I run ‘insync quit’ and then ‘insync start’
  • crontab -l gives me only one output, the grep command I invoked

But the applet does not appear, and it is not listed in the available applets. I don’t mean the green mark on any file, but the applet in the bottom-right panel where I should manage Insync preferences.

I’m doing this on linuxmint Rosa. Could you help me? Thanks
Fabio

@Fabio: I see. Are you using Cinnamon or MATE?

Sorry Ipuguy, I can answer just now. This is my release output:
DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=17.3
DISTRIB_CODENAME=rosa
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa”
NAME=“Ubuntu”
VERSION=“14.04.4 LTS, Trusty Tahr”
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME=“Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS”
VERSION_ID=“14.04”

Thanks for helping
Fabio

And this in the result of echo $DESKTOP_SESSION:
CINNAMON

@Fabio: Do you have the “system tray” applet added? You can check by right clicking on the panel -> Add applets to the panel -> check if the “system tray” applet is checked.

Dear Ipugoy, actually the systray applet wasn’t enablet.
In Italian it is called “Area di notifica” and I put a big effort to find it!!!
Now everything is working perfectly and I can see all my icons, Insynch included!!!

Thanks so much!
Fabio