Moving the sync folder sucks

I copied my folder to a different place, selected the new sync folder and InSync started copying all files again while removing everything that was in there. Who gave InSync permission to delete stuff? Why doesn’t the interface let users know about these things? Why can’t it notify the user when it’s about to happen?

Secondly, turns out there was a virus in some file within the sync folder. During the move, Windows Defender caught it and InSync realized it as well. That’s cool. Now why the fuck does InSync start all over again? After the virus message, why is there no indication of the progress? I clicked on the only available button hoping that it wouldn’t reset. Why? You’ve already copied valid files. Why do you need to start all over again? Why don’t you mention it in a interface that offers 0 hints about what to do after detecting the virus? Why don’t you just label your buttons properly? It’s 2017, we don’t “OK/Cancel” our buttons anymore. It’s not like I’m missing some piece of text. Literally 0 feedback.

After all this time InSync still has so many horrible UX decisions built into its interface. I can’t think of anything I desire more than some other Google Drive client that allows ignoring files, cause that’s literally the only reason I still use InSync. I’m sure that’s the case for other developers.

Hi @johnRivs there is an option within Insync if you want to change the location of your folder. It is not ideal to move your folder then reselect the location as Insync is specifically synced to the path you specified upon set up: How to move Insync folder to a new location

Would you mind sending in your logs along with the link to this post to support@insynchq.com?

I guess my message wasn’t too clear. I’ve already moved the sync folder and InSync is working as usual. My complaints are about the UX during the process and how poorly an issue is handled through the interface.

InSync is working normally, apart from the usual time it takes to start syncing after a long time of being on pause. My sync folder is not corrupted or anything like that.

I’m hoping more people speak up about the small little details so one day you guys decide to come up with a new major version that offers a revamped UI.

EDIT: ah nevermind. After the move and displaying the green icon and 1 hour after unpausing InSync, it found out that there more than 166000 previously synced files that need to be synced, that I haven’t even touched in weeks. Going 1 by 1, very slowly, probably in excluded folders while not even showing it in the progress section.

This is ridiculous. It took hours to move the entire sync folder and now it’s gonna take days to "resync " a few folders that were already synced in the moving process.