New Insync version: 1.3.4 (Fedora Linux only)

@pvn Are you still having this issue?

1 Like

no problems here. Works fine now.

or i just checked…
I still have problems…
just didn’t realise it.

"Failed:
insync.x86_64 1.3.4.36059-fc21 "

I run fedora 23 now.

I’m also having the blank tray icon/non-syncing problem. No errors when starting in a terminal, just loads a blank ‘ghost’ icon and doesn’t work.

Did uninstall/reinstall, logoff/login, reboot - no go. Can’t open the app window to get where to find logs. Searched for logs.db and out.txt and couldn’t locate them. I’m not sure if those are still correct files.

Any ideas?

Running: Fedora 23 Workstation 64bit, all updates applied.
insync 1.3.4.36059-fc21
insync-nautilus 1.28.35136-fc17

Those are the latest packages provided by the Insync repository.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention…although it starts without errors in a terminal, it immediately pegs one core of my 4-core CPU at 100%. Doing $ insync quit in a terminal does nothing. I have to stop the process.

@pvn: Could you try uninstalling Insync and removing the directory /usr/lib/insync then try again?

@Totalitout: Are you using TopIcons (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/495/topicons/)? For the logs, they are located at ~/.config/Insync. Please send them to support@insynchq.com for investigation.

I tried installing the 64-bit version (insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64.rpm)
and got this:

Downloading Packages:
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
 Installing  : insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64
Error unpacking rpm package insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64
Error unpacking rpm package insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/usr/lib/insync/faulthandler-2.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg: cpio: rename
insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64 was supposed to be installed but is not!
 Verifying   : insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64
Failed:
 insync.x86_64 1.3.4.36059-fc21

Just in case it was an SELinux issue I tried again with setenforcing=0 and
got the same result.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Uninstall and remove /usr/lib/insync and reinstall made no difference.
Still have the ghost icon, pegs one CPU core, does not run.
Never heard of Toplcons so I think no, I’m not using it.
I’m attaching the log files to this reply. The logs.db file is over
8MB and may not go through email as an attachment so I uploaded both files to Dropbox and
pasted links to them in this reply.

(removed emailed links here)

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks!

I tried removing /usr/lib/insync and now the installation finishes correctly. I suspect the directory was left over from an old test install many months ago.

@Totalitout: Did you email the logs to support@insynchq.com? I’m not sure if we have received it.

I originally sent the logs to the wrong adress. Sorry. I resent them this morning. Did you get them yet?

@Totalitout: Did you use the same email you used to create an account here? We didn’t receive a mail from that address.

Just sent another reply to your email, this time with the Dropbox links but no attachments. The email address Im using must be correct because it works to login. Let me know if you get the email.

Thanks!

Sorry to bother you, no doubt you guys are busy bees. But…it has been about a week and I couldn’t help but wonder if you’ve made any progress with this problem. Or if there’s anything I can do to help out. Any word, good, bad or otherwise? I’m missing Insync badly!

Thanks!

Luis,

Thanks for getting back to me. Problem is resolved! Many thanks!

Tim

What about “El Capitan”… we still can not share folders from finder.

@lpugoy and @Totalitout, how did you end up fixing the issue? I’m running into what I think is the same problem.

I just sent an email to support, but any ideas of something to try would be appreciated.

This suggestion from Luis in tech support did the trick:

“Your logs show that you seem to have a symlink that points to a system directory. There are entries that refer to paths that look like /home/Tim/4140home/Backups/Fedora 23/.wine/dosdevices/z:/usr/tmp/systemd-private-ebedc2c433d14af4911a490e8e1ffc53-systemd-hostnamed.service-rqQ8OR. Please try removing this then restarting Insync to see if that resolves the issue.”

Hello @Oscar_Diseno_Latinoa, that should be fixed with 1.3.3. If you’re still having problems, please try the instructions here.

FYI for those reading later, my problem ended up being that there was a recursive symlink in the folder I was trying to sync to. (Sync had been working previously before the issue started, so there was already stuff in there.) @lpugoy helped me realize that by having me run Insync in debug mode (insync start --debug 2 --no-daemon) and looking at the console.

Deleting the recursive symlinks and restarting Insync fixed it for me.