New Insync version: 1.4.6

Those from 1.3 will be upgraded to this version because everything you can do in 1.3 can now be done in this version. (We decided not to do this yet.)

Release notes:

• Brought back selective sync feature.
  • Improved the onboarding of new accounts.
  • Added various UI improvements.
  • Fixed ‘Shared with Me’ files getting mixed in ‘My Drive’.
  • Windows: Fixed the use of short paths when opening Explorer.
  • Linux: Fixed more unusual cases that prevents Insync from starting.

Windows
Mac

Linux:

Please help us test.

Thanks!

For me the problem continue:

G73Jw:~$ [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/gnome-lts/.config/Insync/out.txt’Gtk-Message: 09:31:30.486: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
‘g_io_module_load’: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so: undefined symbol: g_io_module_load
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
‘g_io_module_load’: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so: undefined symbol: g_io_module_load
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
‘g_io_module_load’: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so: undefined symbol: g_io_module_load
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so
No systemtrayicon available
CRITICAL:root:while creating Client object
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “ideskmain/client.py”, line 994, in client_gevent_runner
File “ideskutils/gevent_itc.py”, line 120, in wrapper
File “ideskutils/gevent_itc.py”, line 29, in wrapper
File “ideskmain/client.py”, line 58, in init
File “ideskmain/client.py”, line 627, in __load_config
File “ideskmain/clientconfig.py”, line 10, in init
File “ideskmain/clientconfig.py”, line 98, in _install_db
File “ideskdb/clientdb.py”, line 139, in init
File “ideskdb/clientdb.py”, line 239, in execute
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Hi! Can you send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Given I still haven’t heard back from support about the 1.4 version being utterly broken, I would really really recommend not making 1.4.x a mandatory upgrade.

1.4.x really sucks.
this morning my files got synced, now they don’t. totally unreliable.

Hi @TuxICT,

I’m sorry for the trouble. :frowning: Could you give me more details? Did the files get stuck in queue (XX files remaining) or did the green checks on the files disappear? Additionally, what is your current OS version?

Nothing in the queue
Files are in Google Drive on my phones, tablet and on the website, not in my drive folder on my computer
Folder name : Signal containing 3 Signal backup files.

Hi @TuxICT

By any chance, have you checked this help guide on Selective Sync? :slight_smile: If you’re still having trouble syncing the files, please send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post.

Now I did. And I see a lot of folders are not synced anymore.

Apologies for not replying sooner. Did the right-click > Sync work for these unsynced folders?

I see them in the web interface, not on my desktop. Right click is impossible

Could you please send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post, if you have not sent it previously? :slight_smile: Thank you in advance!