New User with Few Questions

o How can I check my trial status (linux) ?
o If I rm -rf the root folder will insync delete all my Drive files or is there a fail safe ?
o For auto start on boot what are people doing? init.d service? rc.local start ?
o If I buy it how do I let the linux client know that?
o Do I need a google auth code for each machine? (seems this way)

P.S. Seems to be working quite nicely on C.H.I.P. using the rPi version.

Thanks!

tagging our Linux guy @lpugoy

@tgwaste:

o How can I check my trial status (linux) ?

• With the app dialog you can see it in your account’s settings page: How to refresh Insync license. For Insync headless you can run the get_account_information command.

o If I rm -rf the root folder will insync delete all my Drive files or is there a fail safe ?

• Yes, Insync will be paused and your files will not be deleted.

o For auto start on boot what are people doing? init.d service? rc.local start ?

• Some people have created a service file, The AUR for Arch Linux has one and looks like the following:
[Unit]
Description=Insync
After=local-fs.target network.target

[Service]
Environment=DISPLAY=:0
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart=/usr/bin/insync_OPTION
ExecStop=/usr/bin/insync quit
User=%I

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

o If I buy it how do I let the linux client know that?

• Your license will be refreshed after a short while. You can also restart Insync to refresh the license.

o Do I need a google auth code for each machine? (seems this way)

• Yes, you have to authorize your account to Insync for each machine you use it in.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. It looks like you can also do insync_headless set_autostart although I have no idea how its magically starting on boot up as that doesn’t create a service or anything.

One more question: Is there a way to get insync to maintain permissions across machines?

if I have a script: foo.sh and set it to +x on machine A it does not get set that way on machine B when it downloads. This is pretty important.

@tgwaste: insync-headless set_autostart adds an entry to your uesr’s crontab for Insync. You can check this by running crontab -l.

For permissions, this is not supported yet, apologies.

Many thanks. Im trying to work around the permissions issue.