Problem adding external folder on windows server 2012

Hi,

I want to add a local folder to insync but no “add to insync” appear on right click

I tried to move insync folder to the root (C:) but did not appeared

I tried to reinstall insync client but it did not worked too (nether full reboot)

Do you please get any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Tagging our engineer @dipesh and he will get back to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Kevin,

“Add to Insync” is available only if the main Insync folder of at least one account is setup on the local drive (doesn’t have to be right beneath the root C:).

Did you encounter any errors while moving the Insync folder?

Do you have the usual “Insync” menu available for the files and folders inside the Insync folder?

Thanks

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks for your answer, I did not encountered any problem moving insync folder (I have several accounts since years, so I already done this) and the insync menu is not available, even in the insync folder :frowning:

I tried to reinstall but it did nothing, I tried to test 1.4 beta it did nothing too :frowning:

OS is windows server 2012 R2

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello @Kevin_Kev_Doussaint,

Are you running Insync under the default administrator account? If yes, please install it under the non-default admin or non-admin account (but with admin rights) to get the Insync context menuitems. Please read the explanation here: Insynch menu not showing when right click on folders

Thanks

I understand, thanks a lot, it appeared on non-admin account, I will use it like that

1 Like