Synching 2 google drive accounts both on computer HD and an external HD

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been trying InSynch for a few days but I need to understand something before I purchase it.

I’ve got 2 google drive accounts, a personal and a professional one.
I would like both accounts to be synchronized on my MacBook Air and on an external HD as soon as I plug it to this same MacBook Air.

I would do a complete synch on my external drive for backup purpose and a selective synch on my computer for the files that I access regularly and I need access to easily.

I didn’t manage to ask Insynch to replicate my google drive directories on both devices (I can’t add an account twice in the software).
So for the moment I use InSynch to synchronize my 2 accounts on the external HD and Google drive desktop app to synchronize my professional account on my computer but I have NO solution to synchronize my personal account on my computer.

I hope I’ve been clear and will be glad to explain better if required.

Has anyone an idea of how I could manage this situation properly?
Thanks in advance!

PM

Can you please tell me more about your use-case. Send us an email to support@insynchq.com. Please include the link of this post.

Thank you.

Could you please provide an answer to the community? I have the same questions.

Thank you

Hello Marc,

Insync doesn’t allow me to do exactly what I wanted but here’s the strategy I used.

I use google drive desktop app in order to synch both of my accounts on my Mac Air HD.
I shared my personal account with my professional account in order to do so as this app doesn’t allow multiple accounts.

I use insync to synchronize both of my accounts on my external HDD whenever it is connected to my Mac Air.

If I had to start all over again I would probably do the contrary and use insynch for my Mac Air’s HD and Google drive desktop app for my external HD. Therefore I’d benefit of the better options of insynch on the Mac itself.

I hope it’s clear. Let me know if you have any questions.