Various Linux (Ubuntu) Errors & Issues (indicator, status icons)

Installed insync_1.3.3.36056-wheezy_amd64.deb and insync-nautilus_1.2.8.35136-precise_all.deb on clean copy of Ubuntu 15.04 and Unity 7.3.2. As many others have reported, I get no indicator in the system tray. Additionally, it appears that the system has completed syncing, but my synced folder shows (via the icon) some items that are still syncing. “insync get_sync_progress” return “No syncing activities”.

~/.config/Insync/out.txt contains 20 Mb of the following error:

(insync:8324): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_style_get: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

I will tag our engineer in this and he will get back to you :smile:

@lpugoy

Three days and no response of substance? It’s my expectation that this product should work as advertised. It certainly isn’t now.

@ebstauffer: Apologies for not replying sooner. For Ubuntu 15.04, try the build for Ubuntu 14.04 instead of the one for Debian Wheezy. Please take a look at this as well for the tray icon not showing: (LINUX) How to solve the issue "tray icon is not showing".

Removing the Wheezy version and installing the version for Trusty worked perfectly. I installed the version from the software center.

I had previously tried the steps in the linked article and that did not work.

Thanks!