After upgrading to 3.9.3 the UI is unresponsive (with reply from Insync Support)

This worked. Thanks much for link to previous version 3.9.2.

For others,
After downloading 3.9.2, uninstall version 3.9.3 before trying to install the downloaded file. Also, ignore / uncheck any system requests to upgrade insync back to version 3.9.3.

Thanks eskay993 - I am back on the previous version (3.9.2.60014) and will watch this thread to learn when a fix is available.

Same here. Except not Wayland, but X11 with nvidia drivers on Debian/12.6/bookworm. I have reverted back to 3.9.2.60030. This is getting old. Just when you think things have settled down, updates continue to fail !

Hello, everyone!

Mia here, Support Lead of Insync. I would like to inform everyone affected by the 3.9.3 update that our engineer has already been alerted of this urgent issue. Please standby for further updates. My deepest apologies for all the trouble that this update has caused on your end. Thank you for your patience!

Hello again!

Our Linux Team has deployed 3.9.3.60019 to address the functionality issues. Please post any bugs that you might find on this new build: https://www.insynchq.com/downloads/linux

Thank you!

EDIT: we will be releasing another build that contains further fixes. For now, 3.9.3.60019 serves as an immediate solution to the errors brought by the 60018 build to avoid any sync interruptions. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Mia, the new version is working great on my Tuxedo OS.
Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback, @IoSonoPiero! I have also edited my reply above with further updates. :slight_smile:

Insync no longer starts (once again) after upgrading to 3.9.3.60019. It is the same error that prevented it from starting last month.

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “threading.py”, line 980, in _bootstrap_inner
File “threading.py”, line 917, in run
File “idesklinux/app.py”, line 58, in start_core
File “idesklinux/platapp_impl.py”, line 28, in init
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 25, in init
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 57, in __index_default_apps
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 94, in __record_config_entries
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 108, in __parse_config_entry
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 134, in __canonicalize_mimetype
File “xdg/Mime.py”, line 58, in lookup
File “xdg/Mime.py”, line 72, in new
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘lower’

Hello Mia. Syncing and GUI work with 3.9.3.60019-jammy. Thanks!

I would like to suggest an improvement though. It would be preferable to have an option to choose between a custom windowing system and the system’s native windowing. Currently, we are forced to use the custom windowing, and having the flexibility to choose would enhance the user experience.

Great. I can confirm that 3.9.3.60019 is working again for me on Fedora 40. Thank you and the team.

3.9.3.60019 is installed and working on my Linux Mint 21.3 system.

Issue fixed with latest update.

Linux Mint 21.3
Installed 3.9.3.60019 using the System Update Manager. So far it seems to be working fine.

@rayke Please send an email to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post so we can streamline the support process. Include the following output from these 2 commands:
lsb_release -a
apt-cache policy insync

Thank you!