Automatic update revisited

Your program is getting better and better, and you must have thought well for the reason for autom. updates: “care about our users,” you have said.

Since the 1.3.15 my insyn stops many times, because of multiple and huge amounts of errors: Can’t upload… parent folder not found and
and thousands of errors: Could not delete… it still contains files.

I reverted to 1.3.14 and the errors went away, than the autom. update hit me, and they are back.

Please give us an option to turn off the autom. update. I understand it helps you with the amount of service calls. But if an update has hick-ups, your care for us can turn into lost time and temp —I hope— uselessness of Insync altogether.

Been with you guys for a long time. i like your care, your quick replies and the many excellent improvements.

o.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently still fixing the issue mentioned and we will release the fix within the week.

Thank you.

Dear Jaduenas

Allow me to point out that in this case there seems to be two interlocking issues.
The automatic update must have been a business decision. Your updates contain the remedies against bugs that inevitably slip in and effect your users.
The expectation of you as software developer and us as users is that an update will fix issues. Instead of having to tell thousands of people to please update, you have decided for automatic updates.
In this case, and may be there have been other times, it would be easier for us users to revert to a version that worked quite well.
I think if a new version has a mejor bug, you might want to consider to turn off the automatic update in a new version immediately. People can then revert to the version that worked for them well, and you have less stress to come up with a solution “within a week.” Once the version is out of beta, you could then turn on the automatic update again if that serves everyone well… Please consider.
Oliver

1 Like

It might interest you that 1.3.16 took care of the thousands of files that could not be deleted, and that it did not update automatically.

Thank you.