Automatically convert new docs to google format

Hey all,

I’ll start with the requisite thanks for the great software. I’m loving it, and I’m committed to it.

Now, my feature request is this: Google docs is miles ahead of the other docs formats (docx and odt). Your conversion between the two is already very good. What I’d love is the option to convert all new documents automatically to google formats. For example, if I create a new Libre Writer doc (odt) and save it in my google drive insync folder, and if I’ve enabled auto convert of new docs, insync should upload the file, ask google to convert it, drop the .odt extension, then download the new file and delete the original.

If you were to get real fancy, you could even add a confirmation step in the panel icon:

1. I add a new doc
  2. My insync icon shows a yellow triangle with exclamation point
  3. I click it and it brings me to the “issues” panel, where it shows me the file I just added and asks “convert to google format?”.
  4. Clicking yes does what I explained above. Clicking no uploads it as a standard odt file or whatever.
  5. If there are a bunch of files, there should be a “convert all” or “convert none” button at the top, just like there’s an “ignore all” or “download all” button at the top of the shared docs panel.

Something like that. Keep up the good work!

Kael

2 Likes

I will +1 you on this feature request.

Thank you for your support. Cheers!

2 Likes

bump! I vote for that!

1 Like

Hi,

Any update on this ?
Since we can can convert on download, we need to convert on upload as well.

1 Like

No news on this yet, we’re still currently developing 2.0 but this is not a priority as of now.

1 Like

Just bumping the request.

Actually if you do this you will solve another bug explained here: Duplicates in my local folder

1 Like