Bandwith limiting when uploading

I would like bandwidth control too but I think worth adding would be a setting to enable sync between two times - so that you could maybe set it to sync out of office hours ie 18:00 - 07:00. I realise some people want constant sync so that you have revisions but if you know your internet speed wont keep up with the pace of changes then would make sense to just sync at the end of the day

2 Likes

Nice suggestion. This doesn’t seem to be working for me on Linux Mint, though, using the same command you provided. Is this still working for you on the latest version of Insync?

Sorry for the delay. Yes it is still working. The only change I made to my own setup is to cap the download speed too.

+1 on some solution to bandwidth sharing, preferably throttling, but optionally (or also) whitelist/blacklist hours.

For those using Windows, NetBalancer is an option.

We need this feature real bad.

Bandwith limitation is a must! I have 3 (soon 4) google drives connected to InSync for different projects.

To any engineers seeing this. No need to reply. Just pleas fix this ASAP or this beautiful concept is next to useless as it clogs the whole network usage.

I would like to add my vote for bandwidth throttling. Also, ability to schedule when sync occurs. I prefer syncing at night due to low internet bandwidth availability where I live/work from home. Right now I have to remember to pause it when I start work in the morning, and re-enable in the evening.

2 Likes

+1 We really need this!

1 Like

Wow - I wish I had this problem. On a pretty maxed out MacBook Pro I can’t get this above 40Kb/Sec - yes K, as in 56K, as in dial up modems. Sure would like more threads and an ability to use a little of the other 499.95 Mb/Sec upload bandwidth available.

+1 for bandwidth limiting please! Separate controls for upload/download would be very useful (like Google’s app), blacklist/whitelist hours might be nice. Thank you!

2 Likes

Is speed limiting still not a feature?!

Come on Insync!

2.5+ years since original request. Remind me again why I paid for InSync. :wink:

its now 2018 and pushing 3 years since you started taking my money, you still cant manage to transfer more than two files at once???

so… any other disgruntled users seeing this have any alternatives to insync that actually work?

Would like to add my vote for bandwidth throttling… just spend DAYS tracking down random high latency on our home network and I’m 99% sure it is insync uploading things.

Bandwidth throttling is a must! I’m just trying it out now, but Drive has this so why not insync?

Add me to the long list of customers who are getting tired of waiting for this to be implemented!

I agree, +1 to this VERY IMPORTANT feature. The reason I started using Insync was because it was/is better than Google Drive for Windows. The ability to throttle your bandwidth usage is something Google Drive started doing early on in it’s development. With large files I find myself having to pause Insync or even exiting the application when I need to use my PC for anything that touches the internet (which is everything these days). Adding a time or window when it would be able to upload is also a good feature but NOT one that should be used to address THIS issue. We don’t need work arounds, we need to be able to upload those VERY large files but at a fraction of the max speed because we still need them to upload! They get in the way of sending the large amount of little files we need to get to our drive.

Also, something I have always been a fan of with Dropbox and something I think makes a product amazing vs great is VoteBox. That’s Dropbox’s way of letting the community/users determine what needs to be developed next. Just because an Insync developer thinks something is neat or cool to add does not mean all of us care about it. I bet if you guys had a site like VoteBox then everyone would have this one at a very high level.

Let’s get this feature added! It’s a must!

No bandwidth throttling? Are you kidding me? I want my money back.

Unbelievable for a product that is touted as an “extra featured” program for Google Drive.

Extra features my ass…