Can you turn off Prime notifications? (fixed in 3.7.3)

Although the licence notifications have stopped I do get notifications about documents shared by other people many years ago. For example the last one was a spreadsheet last changed in June 2017.

1 Like

Hello @nop_head,

Thank you for reporting this. Is this document synced to your computer? Did you recently open the file?

No they aren’t on my computer. They were just shared with me many years ago and I haven’t looked at them for years until I get these notifications and go looking for them.

I opened one just now and immediately got a notification that it was added by some Chinese sounding name but that was in 2015. It is quite disconcerting to get notifications that documents were added by people I don’t know but when I look it was just product information that was shared a long time ago and hasn’t changed for years either.

Indeed, it’s understandable to feel disconcerted by these notifications!

Could you please send me your latest logs.db (to support@insynchq.com) as well as an example of a file that popped up? I’ll check that out with our engineers to see if this is something that poses any further issues as well as why these are popping up even if you haven’t touched them in a while.

Actually I think it is the same bug as REQ: Feed improvements [Search & stability]

If I click on any shared files the event where they were first added to Gdrive gets put at the end of the feed log despite it being 6 years ago and despite it being before it was shared with me. Because the files were added by somebody else it feels the need to notify me. But just as it shouldn’t show ancient history in the log before it shows all the events before it doesn’t make sense to notify events that are years old.

The only mystery is why it notified me about files I hadn’t looked at but something weird has happened to them today. They have disappeared from the Gdrive “Shared with me” page but I can still find them with a search. One is in my “Suggested” list and if I right click and select “Show location” the Drive web page locks up.

Perhaps the originator has deleted them but Drive can still find them with a search.

1 Like

Thinking about it more; it should only notify about events that have happened while the current instance of Insync has been running.

It is also debatable if it should ever notify for shared files being added. I don’t think people can share files with me without me following a link, so I am consciously accepting them.

1 Like

These are valid points raised @nop_head. I will include this report to the existing Forums thread about Feed improvements :slight_smile: