Entire hard drive deleted/missing

Hi! I have been using Insync on my macbook to sync with google drive on an external hard drive, from just one folder. This hard drive failed so I transfered the synced folder to a new hard drive, which already had a lot of content on it. I wanted to have Insync sync from this new hard drive, but when I first set this up, I accidentally selected the entire hard drive to sync rather than just the folder called ‘Google Drive’. After insync started to upload for about 5 minutes, I realised the mistake, so I went into insync settings and changed the location to just the folder I wanted. The moment I did this, all files disappeared from my hard drive completely! I then attempted to change the location back to the entire harddrive, and saw the insync was continuing to upload like before.

I checked that my trash was empty so it does not look like anything was deleted. I followed the file location on insync and saw that all my files were still on my hard drive but in some different location. However, when I try to access the files or to open them in an application, I get an error message that the file cannot be found.

Can anyone suggest what I should do to restore my files?!

Has responded your query via email, please send in your logs via email so we can investigate?