Fedora 34 (Beta) - Insync fails to start

I too am having the same issue on Fedora 34.

(insync:7016): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 21:32:14.738: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings’ does not contain a key named ‘antialiasing’

I think the issue is related to https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/3680 and generally to the changes in Gnome 40

1 Like

@Guido_Conaldi Thank you for the lead-- we have followed up on this issue with our Linux team :slight_smile:

I think the problem is related to Gnome 40.
I tried to install Insync on Arch Linux with Gnome 40 but it didn’t start. Then I changed to Gnome 3.38 and it worked.

Here are a few additional observations (and some solutions/workarounds):

1. With Fedora 34 (beta) & GNOME 40, under a x.org (X11) session (selected at login, with gdm), Insync appears to work (application loads normally, including window decoration).

2. Still with Fedora 34 (beta) & GNOME 40, but under a Walyand session (which is the default option), Insync will work with the following command (forcing it to load under a X11/xwayland setup :

env GDK_BACKEND=x11 insync start

Now, these are just workarounds… There is still a problem to be solved, probably related to GNOME 40 (and/or gtk4), since Insync works normally under a Wayland session with GNOME 3.38 and gtk3 (so it doesn’t appeart to be a specitic Wayland related problem). It will eventually affect Ubuntu and all other Linux distros when they will move to GNOME 40/gtk4.

Hey guys! We’re looking into the GNOME 40 issues and will investigate this in depth. I’ll update this thread accordingly!

Update! This will be fixed in the next release :grin:

2 Likes

@mia hello!
Has the fix been released? I am on Fedora 34 Workstation now with Insync 3.3.9.40955-fc33. It does not start with no error messages. Any ideas how to fix this?
FIle ~/.config/Insync/out.txt is empty. I am on x-session with Nvidia GPU drivers.

UPD: Problem occured after update from GNOME 40.0.0 to 40.1.0

@toftl Fix here After libxkbcommon update in fedora 34, insync no longer starts [with workaround]

2 Likes

Thank you for linking this, @linuser :slight_smile:

It’s a shame it’s taking them so long to release an updated package for this.

Great job, works perfectly thanks!

Hey all! As per our engineers, the Fedora 34 build is in the works. :slight_smile: Thank you for your patience, for providing feedback, and reporting these issues.

Hello everyone!! Please give this Fedora 34 build a try:
https://d2t3ff60b2tol4.cloudfront.net/builds/insync-3.3.10.40961-fc34.x86_64.rpm

Let me know how it goes by replying to this thread :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

It does work but when install it just open a second and then breaks. Im using Fedora 34 Gnome.

Installed the RPM Fusion Repository and worked (managed to open insync) then crashed every time. Please let me know when you have updates for this Linux version. Hope soon since insync has become a very important part of my workflow.

Hi @yerch82,

Let me know if you’ve gotten the chance to send us your logs.db and out.txt files! You can email them to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. We can investigate from there :slight_smile:

Already sent the information. Thanks for the quick response.

1 Like

Buenos días. Instale esta versión de insync en Fedora 34 y funciona muy bien. Gracias.

De nada! Gracias tambien por confirmar :slight_smile: