First time Insync user and have a simple question

Hello,

I have just installed Insync and I’m already liking what I’m seeing compared to the native google drive client. Well I guess anything is better than that :smiley:

So my question is, after installing I chose in insync to just use the google drive folder that was already there. Then it started a, what it seems to be, pretty long and thorough sync process. Is this normal? I assumed since the files were already up to date due to the google drive client this would not be needed.

hi! glad you like Insync so far :slight_smile: it does take some time to scan your files and compare with Google Drive – it really depends on the amount of files but i should be ok as long as it’s progressing. Insync needs to scan your files first so that no files are duplicated

Just let me know if the process stops or if you encounter other issues via support@insynchq.com

Thank you @gio for the answer, yeah that makes sense. It’s more than halfway done so it shouldn’t take long.

I have one more question. I have seen talk that v.2 will be released sometime in the summer. If I purchase a license now, I guess rather close to the release of a major version, will it carry over? Or would I need to purchase another license for v2?

no problem :slight_smile:

Yes, the Prime license will give you access to Insync 2.0 and all future versions

1 Like