Google Drive "Auth code received is invalid" problem with insync-headless 3.1.1 (OneDrive works fine)

Hello,

I have a Google Drive “Auth code received is invalid” problem with insync-headless 3.1.1 (OneDrive works fine).

I have tested this on 2 different systems (Debian and Ubuntu) and I also tested it with 2 different accounts. I repeated this daily for over a week now.

The problem is the same every time, trying to connect to Google Drive with a freshly generated code (https://www.insynchq.com/auth?cloud=gd) results in “Auth code received is invalid”.

Connecting to OneDrive always works fine.

Is this a known problem?
Is there a workaround to get it working?

Hi @Nico_de_Vries!

Thank you so much for reporting this and my apologies for the trouble!!

This is a known problem, however it’s interesting that the auth code is invalid. Let’s try to dig deeper into this. Could you please email support@insynchq.com with your logs.db and out.txt files? These should be in ~/.config/Insync-headless.

Hi @mia,

Thank you for your response. I sent the logs to support@insynchq.com.

As you mention that this is a known problem, is there perhaps a workaround or an ETA for a solution?

1 Like

Hi @Nico_de_Vries,

I received your logs, thank you for sending them my way. :slight_smile:

As for the ETA, we cannot provide one yet as we’d need to investigate this further (especially since it’s giving you an invalid code).

For those with similar problems, I got it working with help from Mia, thanks!

My problem was a space between the -a and the auth code. Removing that space solved my problem: insync-headless … -a4/

The space there was no problem with previous versions of insync-headless and OneDrive doesn’t seem to mind either but apparently this version of insync-headless minds.

This also solves another problem I had. -e MS_OFFICE, which worked in previous versions, gave an error -eMS_OFFICE works fine.

Perhaps the documentation could be updated to reflect this as the documentation on https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/4257855-insync-3-headless-getting-started also uses a space after the -a.

Thank you Mia!

Hey @Nico_de_Vries!!

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community.

Excellent catch on what our documentation currently says. I’m working with our Linux team to confirm if this is a temporary issue or if we in fact made some changes on our code to permanently remove the space.

I’ll take a look at this, update this thread, and make the copy changes as needed! :slight_smile: