Google Drive Orphan files & folder issue

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience how to correctly handle the orphaned files issue. Drive will be used by our business (team of ± 40 users). We saw some ‘strange’ behavior when a users deleted a file he does not own. After some research it appears google does not delete this file but takes it out of the normal folder structure en puts the file in the root folder and makes it hidden (orphaned file). In the insync tool all these hidden files and folders show up…

Does anybody know if there is a tool or script that deletes all this orphaned files? Is there a setting in insync to ignore all hidden files in the syncing process?

Thank you!

Mitch

1 Like

@Mitch_De_Geest We haven’t tested out this use case but we can investigate and look for a work-around on this issue. Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com. Please include the link of this post for faster reference.

Thank you.

Hey guys, I’d recommend you this easy free web app to reparent your orphan files in Google Drive: http://www.gdrivehelpers.com/of
Hope it helps, cheers!

Mitch did you ever get a response/solution to your questions on orphaned files? I’m dealing with the same issues and have contacted Google but as an Insync user I’m interested to hear if there are any solutions possible using Insync.