Has this issue been fixed yet?

I originally purchased Insync because of Linux support, and the news that I would have been able to have a common folder on my machine dual-booting Windows and Linux. I haven’t used Linux in months because with University, I absolutely need Google Drive for any OS to be usable.

Has this been fixed since? I’m about to start a new semester and would be quite nice!

Hi there, will be tagging our engineers @dipesh and @lpugoy in this and they will get back to you.

@Alexandre_Botelho Unfortunately, you still can’t use common folder across two or more Insync instances. This will cause conflicts. However, we have introduced file matching feature which means if you already have one machine in sync with Google Drive. You can copy the Google Drive/Insync folder to another machine, setup Insync to this copied folder and it will match the existing files in that folder, thus saving on your bandwidth.

Has this changed at all in the last 8 months? Still a feature that would be great. Especially going into a new year of university. Have seen very little benefit to this software so far, considering I bought it for this…