Hello! Now it's your turn…

I installed the ubuntu 14.04 package, and nautilus-insync, to see how it works. On first start it told me my free trial period was over. 15 seconds is not a lot of free trial. I have now apt-get purge insync - not a lot of confidence in either the product or the documentation.

@Kim_Tyler that sounds like a bug though would like to verify using your email. Can you PM me with the google accounts you used?

Thanks.

@Kim_Tyler I did a quick search and found that you had signed up before and that your trial expired over a year ago on January 31, 2014.

I have extended it until March 31. Re-install Insync and you should be good to go.

thanks for that. I have reinstalled insync, and gave it another try. Has either expired again, or is still expired. I will apt-get purge insync again

@Kim_Tyler can you PM the email you used?

kit284@gmail.com

What was the account used on Jan31, 2014, and extended to March 31? Perhaps I should use that one, although I don’t believe I have more than 1 google account

Try it now and let me know if that works.

Yep, working now. Files synced to local drive. Will be able to give it a trial.

Thanks

Put in a legitimate login / registration system. Jumping on the social system login fad makes InSync look like yet another datamining privacy parasite! And you will be assumed to be such until you fix this. Using other login systems is also lazy coding.

Same problem, ikojba@gmail.com (Having trouble at the moment to find the PM option :persevere:)

@NDAS We are using Discourse for our forums software which includes the login system. We want to focus our time not in coding login systems :smile:

@LaPingvino You can PM someone by clicking on their username and clicking on “Private Message” button. Let me know if you find it.

Now I can find it indeed, but it seems only with the Basic User role. When I couldn’t find it I wasn’t a Basic User yet…

I have recently been having trouble with my Google Drive. Files have been deleted and duplicated like 20 times over…creating a nightmare. Google said it was 3rd party application messing up drive. I love Insync and wanted to see if anyone else was having such issues. Over 300 files were deleted during a time when I was not home or on the computer plus countless files have been duplicated and duplicated but are all empty.

Daughter got me started with InSync as Alternate/In Addition to MyDrive.
MyDrive (My Understanding/Maybe Incorrectly) operates under Users/Me and Syncs (under Selective Folders Option) the Folders I Select & All Loose Files on my C Drive. The BAD News is that it DUPLICATES the Selected Folders with Files in the Users/Me/InSync Folder - Using up Disk Space. Fundamentally I don’t Understand the Logic or Reason. I would think that the Fundamental Reason for Synchronization is a Mirror BackUp in the Google Cloud. Please Explain. So
InSync was purchased (with my understanding) to be able to select the Drive on which to install the InSync Folder. Several attempts have been made to do this and it still seems to end up putting the Folder on the C Drive and jamming it full. And I still don’t understand the fundamental reason that it is Duplicating the Folders and Files on my Computer rather than just putting them and Syncing them with the Google Cloud Drive. Need Help Fast Have to Stop Service for Now. Must get Drive Space Freed Up.

Hi @Wayne_Makeeff and @Tanya_Jones

I apologize if this is causing you trouble. The “file compare” feature which will address your use case is being worked on by our engineers.

I will +1 you both on this request and follow up on this feature with our team.

Thank you.

HI,

I have an account with Insync under rig144@gmail.com. I just replaced my other tablet and have tried to download my paid software. I am unable to figure out how to get a permanent copy on this tablet. Can you help me with this?

regards,
Ron.

Hi @Ronald_Gross we temporarily took down our mobile application to focus on our desktop applications.

If you have any other concerns send us an email at support@insynchq.cm

:smile:

I’m able to log into vworkspace, but when I click on My Cloud Desktop, it attempts to open a .pit file with a program called Fileview Pro. It then says it can not open it and nothing happens. How do I fix this so that when I click on My Cloud Desktop it automatically launches the application like before?

Ive tried Chrome, IE and Firefox.