Here we are again... Ignore List?

Can someone please explain the logic behind the Ignore List… I’ve read all the documentation, including most of these forum posts. Yet, here I am this morning… trying to simply create a new folder in the Synced Folder on my Desktop. I even start by going into Insync FIRST - because we all know if it already exists it’ll be synced - yes, so I add the ignore rule FIRST… Then create my folder and put some stuff in it… and bam… synced. This app is like my ex-wife it doesnt do a damn thing I ask…

Let’s not even address the fact that the logic behind the Ignore List is, well… not logical or intuitive. If it were would there be so many posts regarding the Ignore List not functioning properly? It seems clear that, at the very least, better documentation is needed… this was a complete waste of time this morning, one simple task turned into 45 minutes of debugging.

In the process of writing this I also managed to solve the issue… One of the many lovable quirks of Insync is that after adding an Ignore Rule, the app needs to be restarted… then create your folder and Insync operates as expected. This kind of behavior is exactly the kind of irritating annoyances that should be WELL DOCUMENTED so no one else spends 45 minutes troubleshooting a function that should work without intervention.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner! :frowning_face:

We’ll make sure to improve our documentation for this. Thank you for the feedback. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at support@insynchq.com.