How to start sync again?

Hi,

I’m using inSync armhf build 1.3.17.36167 for Raspberry Pi and I was able to complete the very first sync successfully. So now the response for get_status is SYNCED and the one for get_sync_progress is No syncing activities. But the problem is I’ve made a bunch of changes in Google Photos cloud so I expect there are lots of things to sync up again but inSync doesn’t start the sync at all. How can I get the sync started again? I tried forse_sync but it didn’t help. Please advise.

Regard,
Chang

@CHANG_EUN_CHOI: Apologies for the trouble. As a workaround please try running the manage_selective_sync command for your account and navigating to the changed folders. Some people have reported similar issues and that worked for them. We haven’t been able to determine the cause yet.

Hi Ipugoy,

Thanks for the tip but I don’t fully get the workaround ;( I have multiple mobile devices and they have been uploading many pictures to the cloud. So I expect there are many things to update but I don’t know the exact folder name to update. Can you give me a full command including arguments so that I can run it correctly?

Thanks,
Chang

@CHANG_EUN_CHOI: Please check out this page for a guide on using the manage_selective_sync command: How to selectively sync Google Drive folders and files. In your case run ./insync-portable manage_selective_sync test@gmail.com if your email address is test@gmail.com.

To check which folders to navigate to in the selective sync interface, you could go to the Google Drive website and view which folders had items recently added to them. Apologies for the trouble.