I emailed support@insynchq.com over 3 days ago and have not received any acknowledgement

Is there an expectation that I have to first post here in the discourse forums before I can get support via email?
I’m trying to figure out why I went through my entire insync trial and insync never finished syncing. Download speeds are around .2Mb/sec in the app. Meaning it downloads a file about once a second. I’ve emailed my insync db and config files to support@insynchq.com.

How can I determine if I’m being throttled somehow?

Thank you

Hi Gabriel
I’m afraid that is fairly standard in terms of the lack of response.

The initial sync can take a long time, depending on a number of factors:

• how many folders and files are in the tree you are wanting to sync
  • the total size of the files in that tree
  • the speed of the source computer and drive you are syncing from
  • the speed of the connection between the source computer and where you’re syncing the files to (a Google drive, usually)

To see if Insync is functional, check for the small icon in your system tray (an ‘i’ symbol with a wifi type waves). image
If it is there, it should have a small overlay in the bottom left of it:

• green tick means Insync is working, has finished synching, and is monitoring for changes
  • blue with arrows means currently performing a synch operation
  • red with a cross means there is a problem.

Left-clicking on the icon will bring up a menu, where you can check what files are waiting to be processed (progress), or see the files that have been processed (Feed).

Insync progress

If all that looks OK, try syncing just a small number of folders. If that works, it’s something to do with the original folder tree you were trying to sync.

Another thing to look at is whether you have authorised (allowed) Insync to access the Google drive - without the ability to connect to your Google account, Insync can’t see your files, nor can it add anything to the Google drive folders, and that’s a show stopper.

Insync isn’t perfect, but IMHO it’s the best available at the moment. I have it syncing 2 separate Google drive accounts (with lots of files in each) and it does a very good job of it. I urge you to persevere - if support don’t get back to you, just download the trial using another email account. Hopefully the tips above will help to pinpoint the problem.

Feel free to post again and I will try to assist further.

Cheers
Doc

1 Like

Hi there, I’ve followed this up for you. I apologize for the inconvenience.