Indicator does not show the icon

Hi there!
After I installed Kdenlive and Kde-runtime in Ubuntu 16.04 Unity the insync indicator icon dissappeared! Everything still works perefectly. I removed Kdenlive and Kde-runtime allready but still no icon. I don’t want to reinstall whole ubuntu only because of this. I guess it is some indicator package that got updated by mistake?

Please help me!

tagging our engineer @lpugoy and he will get back to you.

@wut: Please check if running Insync on a guest account or a new account also raises the same issue. If it shows on the other accounts it could be caused by a modified config value somewhere in your user’s .config directory. I’m not sure specifically which though, since I wasn’t able to replicate this.

Hi and thanks for the fast reply!

No sadly not.
First I deleted the .config/Insync folder. Still the same issue.
I completly deinstalled the kdenlive repo with ppa-purge and all it’s dependencies.
Now after your tip I purged it, deleted the config folder and reinstalled it with a different google account and still the same issue :confused:

@wut: I see. Have you tried it on a guest or new account? Maybe the relevant files are not in ~/.config.

Yes I did! Sadly no change. I guess it has something to do with a libapindicator package or something like that. Could you tell me which indicator package insync uses? I could try to reinstall it. Thanks in advance!

@wut: That’s unfortunate. We have no dependency on any specific indicator package. We use PySide for the GUI elements including the tray icon, and from what I understand it uses what’s available on your system.

tengo el mismo problema

@mrgm148: Did you also try testing Insync on a guest account or a new account?

Hello,

Same problem in Xubuntu 16.04.1, since i update to the last version of Insyc (1.3.10) when the app start with the system.

If start the app with “sudo insync start” the i can see the icon.

@Angel_Albarran_Perez: What is the output of insync start --no-daemon when you run it as your normal user?

Hello,
The output is:

QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set

@Angel_Albarran_Perez: As a workaround please try running export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=generic before starting Insync. If that didn’t work please try removing the package appmenu-qt5. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the delay,

@Angel_Albarran_Perez: As a workaround please try running export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=generic before starting Insync. If that didn’t work please try removing the package appmenu-qt5. Hope this helps.

No one of this works for me.

@Angel_Albarran_Perez: I see. Have you tried testing on a new or guest user?

The problem still for me…

Solved for me, reinstalled xubuntu 16.04.1 and the New versión of insync.
Thanks for all.