Insync 1.3.2 not syncing some files, raising GDBadRequest and GDInternalError exceptions

Insync 1.3.2, Linux 4.2 (ubuntu 15.10)

I use Insync with two Google accounts. Insync syncs 21k files in account 1 fine. It has failed repeatedly (i.e., across reboots and multiple days) on 12 files of 44k in another account. There are GDBadRequest and GDInternalError exceptions in event_logs.exception, but there’s insufficient detail for me to troubleshoot.

The files are mostly PDFs, which I have plenty of elsewhere in the system.

Other files continue to sync.

Sending logs to support in a moment.

Hi @Reece I believe I responded to your email but just in case I will be tagging our engineer @lpugoy in this.

I’ve been running into a similar issue. Did you make any progress on this?

Problem solved.

First, a correction: Synchronization was working for some files. That demonstrated that my credentials were okay. (Because I seemed to be getting fewer files than expected, I still wonder whether the reported errors caused sync’ing to stop, but I don’t really have data to support that.)

The problem turned out to be that I was trying to upload to a folder that someone else had shared with me as a viewer. I asked for the permissions to be updated so that I was an editor, and the synchronization immediate started working.

Okay to close.

1 Like