Insync 1.5.7 builds

The builds listed are our latest 1.x version builds. If you’re looking to download Insync 3, you can do so here.

Windows
macOS

Linux:
Ubuntu 17.10/18.04
Ubuntu 16.04
Fedora 26+
Debian 9
Debian 8
CentOS 7

Headless deb
Headless rpm

1 Like

Can 1.5.7 run on Ubuntu 20.04?

Hi @eri0o,

The last compatible Ubuntu version for 1.x is Ubuntu 18.04. You will need to run Insync 3.x for your Ubuntu 20.04 machine.

It installs and seems to work on 20.04. But I would suggest using rclone or alike, it’s pretty sleazy that Insync sold us lifetime licences and then changed their minds. I get that they need to make money but not at the expense of their early supporters. I assume this comment will get deleted.

2 Likes

I agree - pretty annoyed and will be looking for alternatives.

Hi @Peter_Hebert @Gregology! We understand your sentiments regarding the changes in our licensing model. May I confirm if you got a Plus license? If so, the previous pricing page shows that the upgrades are included for 1.x versions only:

If you were not on Plus but was asked to upgrade, please send me an email at support@insynchq.com so I can sort this out with you. Thank you!

1 Like

@Gregology, if you had Insync you sould have gotten the upgrade to the Plus version for free, at least that was my case.

So, in that regards, I think they have been OK and respectful of us who were even testing their initial beta versions.

However, I am EXTREMELY CONCERNED that their only working version, after 1 year, will not work for the latest Ubuntu 20.04 installs. I tried version 3.x a year + ago and it was a total disaster, making me lose more than a week of work, painful.

I have seen in the forum that still the 3.x version is buggy and not stable, with bugs going all the way back to Jan 2020 still.

Is anybody running InSync 3.x on Ubuntu 20.04 seriously? I mean with GB of data, etc.

@Gregology
Does it still work on 20.04 for you?

Really concerned as there seem to be no really viable alternatives and 3.x is still apparently a dog’s breakfast. :frowning:

1 Like

@Gregology seems to have been using it for 1+ month and would really like to know his view. People have reported all sort of problems, including eating your CPU and RAM.

Since some of us are “stuck” on 1.5.7 can we please get a 20.04 build of it?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I strongly second that! At least some advice on how to make it work on 20.04.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Me too. can we get a 1.5.7 version of 20.04 until we get a solid solid 3.x?

I think that would be a good compromise and will keep us and Insync happy and “stable” :slight_smile:

Not sure they are reading this thread so I posted in a similar one that talks about Ubuntu version releases here

1 Like

BTW, for those of you who may be interested. 1.5.7 runs in 20.04 and seems to do the job, but it will crash as soon as you try to access the interface via the applet in the panel. So, you won’t be able to change anything (but it runs and syncs)

I was able to get Insync 1.57 working on Ubuntu 20.04 by removing libstdc++.so.6:

$ mv /usr/lib/insync/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/insync/libstdc++.so.6.backup
2 Likes

Good find! I can confirm this works on Mint 20 too.

Interesting. Is the applet in the system tray responsive? Can you open it?

My Insyc started and seemed to work, but I was not able to interact with the actual applet, it will crash. Would this fix solve that?

I also bought a license that leaves me stuck in the 1.x version.
The 1.5.7 version is working on Ubuntu 20.04.1 by removing the libstdc++.so.6 file. It is syncing and the applet works normally.

1 Like

Nope, v3 is a disaster on 20.04, I’m now trying to use 1.5 instead, but reading the comments that it doesn’t work on 20.04 is concerning.

I’ve been using Insync for years and I love it, however, headless support is woeful and they either need to ditch v3 headless and simply put their development effort into 1.5x for headless support or simply put the time and effort into sorting v3 headless out.

The very least they could do is update 1.5x to officially support Ubuntu 20, seeing as v3 headless is such a disaster.