Insync 2.0 - Release date?

Hi there,
first of all, I consider Insync a great tool. For this reason I’m going to puchase it.

But…as far as I know, a new version is coming. Since I don’t want to get a version (1.38) that will be replaced in a short time by a new one and purchasing the plus version right now I just have access to v.1.x upgrades, do you know when v.2 will be released? My trial expires in 4 days and I use insync daily to download 100gb from gdrive.

Thanks

1 Like

First off, thanks for being a customer :slight_smile: To answer your question, it will be released in the summer.

We have an unreleased updated pricing plan that allows you to one-time purchase for all versions support. Would you be interested in that?

well, for sure…it’s just a matter of “pricing”…as I’ve already explained via email to your collegues few days ago and to be honest, considering that the tool was free 1 week ago (and I missed that offer…shame on me…)…I think the price for plus option is a little bit too high. I cannot afford this but I’ve got a discount that I would gladly apply to the order.
Let me know,

Cheers

It sounds like you are price sensitive so I don’t think the updated pricing plan will help. Go ahed with the discounted purchase if are you still inclined to stick with 1.x.

Tell me how much it would be. As I told you, I don’t want to purchase the license right now, since a new version is coming soon.

The new plan will cover all versions into the future and will cost $50 one-time.

hi, i am interested to subscribe the aforementioned new plan which will cover all versions into future. has the plan been released and where shall i find it (as i couldn’t see in the pricing plan page)? thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, are there any news about 2.0?

FIrstly, I like Insync very much, it is a very good file client. However appearently there is no public news. I also have been waiting for the v.2 to purchase since there is no free upgrade from v.1.
I hope there will be a convincing announcement from the Insync staff.

We’ll be releasing news sometime next year, we’ll make sure to be clear about the upgrade path especially for those who cannot get 2.0 for free.

Those who purchased 1.x recently should be allowed to upgrade with a special plan which needs to be different from those who purchase straight version 2.0 . Because if those who purchased 1.x version before needs to pay similar amount compare to version 2.0 then it will be like punishing old customers who are loyal to insync

@terpua - Any updates regrading version 2.0?

Mainly pretty unhappy with the current UI and I want to see transfer details (e.g. speeds, ETA, etc.)

It’s still a work in progress. We still have 1.4 and 1.5 before 2.0.

What I didn’t understand, the early versions showed transfer progresses when just pointing over with the mouse. For a couple of years now you see the version of the currently installed insync. I guess this is a piece of information that noone really needs permanently.

Any update on 2.0 release I’m about to cancel my subscription unless I can get features that have been promised for 2.0 since over a year ago. Its getting a little frustrating…

Just bought prime for another account. Hope you could have roadmap for features. Thanks.

At this point, the updating in licensing has already started to feel like a scam to get more money for a tool that is not being updated…

Is there a beta version we can test? the current version has thousands of files not syncing. All i get is a message saying scanning for changes. 1929