Insync causes network to stall and become unresponsive

I was going to sync my whole Google Drive to a new laptop but after Insync has run for a minute or so the whole network slows down and then halts. In the router logs I see this: “[DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 10.0.0.4, Monday, December 09, 2019 16:33:05”. 10.0.0.4 is the new laptop. As soon as I stop Insync the network is back. On another network there’s no such problems, but since this is my home network it’s a problem I can’t get around. There’s no settings on the router to disable the firewall which I assume is causing this. The network consists of a Netgrear CL1000 modem and an Orbi RBK 50 router with one satellite. This is a gigabit connection and there’s otherwise no problems with any of our machines and phones on the network. This does not happen with DropBox. Anything I can do in Insync to prevent this from happening?

1 Like

I have a similar issue when syncing. The whole upstream is taken and all other services slow to a crawl; since there’s no bandwith cap inside Insync I just have to sit and wait.

1 Like

So this is not only me. However, sitting and waiting is not an option since the router blocks the connection for me and everyone else on the network. The router thinks it’s a DoS attack. There must be a way to limit how many connections InSync is able to set up? If not I will have to find another way to do this.

1 Like

Hi @Sebita and @cdysthe,

My apologies for the huge trouble! Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post including your OS and Insync versions.