I am having some problems with inSync. I think I need some help to get this corrected.
The current symptoms are.
- Folder and file decorators that indicate a folder is selected for syncing don’t show up in Nautilus anymore.
- Right click menu in Nautilus does not show any of the inSync related items.
- There is a “!” in a red circle marking the inSync gadget on the top right of the desktop screen.
- When I bring up the app window there are 13 actions required items. Each has a magnifying glass as at the end of the line. Each of these are from a hidden .meteor directory that I was trying to keep from syncing. It looks like it is trying to delete files from the hidden folder.
- It looks like it succeeded in deleting some files from the hidden folder. It looks like I need to rebuild my meteor project.
My environment is Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit.
- I run updates every day. I think the application is up to date.
- I had noticed recently that inSync was getting error s when I was running a meteor server in one of the project folders that I have set up to sync.
- I believe the problem is because of the servers activity in a hidden folder “.meteor” that sits in each meteor project. To solve the problem identified in item #2 I picked “selective sync” for the “.meteor” folder in one of my meteor projects. This was done from Nautilus.
The conditions listed in the first section seem to be a direct result of this third action. The question is how do I fix it? In the interest of full disclosure I have a bunch of other meteor projects that also need the “.meteor” folder excluded. So the second question would have to be, how do I do this in the future without setting my hair on fire? I am just trying to get inSync to ignore this folder. I need to do this without risking damage to my other projects.