Insync does not sync files created by Ableton

Hi, I recently purchased Insync, however I have one major issue I haven’t been able to solve. Whenever Ableton creates a file (whether it’s a project file or a .wav) Insync does not sync it, no matter where I create/export the files to. Not even if I press force sync on the folder. It works whenever any other program creates a file in said folder, and also worked fine with the official client. If Ableton creates a file, I can copy it somewhere else and it will sync fine. Due to this issue being exclusive to Ableton, I assume it has to do with the program itself, but I’m not sure what. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi @Tyco can you let me know your OS?

I’m using Windows 10

It could be that the file location is to long. See Maximum Path Length Limitation Happend to me once or twice.
Hope this helps.

Benjamin / Neonalius

I don’t think it’s that. I counted how long the directory was and it only came out to 65 characters. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@dipesh can you look into this? :slight_smile:

Hello @Tyco

Does Insync show any error? If not, could you try running the following command at the command prompt and attach the screenshot of the output:

fsutil usn readdata [Path to not-uploading pdf file]

(Similar to the issue reported here: Some files in my Insync folders don't sync, even if I force sync, never - Windows 10)

Thanks

Here’s the output for one of the files with this issue. Insync doesn’t directly provide me with an error. Is there some other way I’m supposed to check?

Thanks

edit: here’s my logs.db

Hello @Tyco,

File attributes suggest that the file has been marked as temporary. Insync ignores temporary files - it is not an error. Please check with the support team of the program that you are using to create that .wav file to know how to avoid getting the files marked as temporary.

Thanks

don’t be panic i found a solution for this problem. So try this Long Path Tool for resolving this issue