Insync failing to start on Ubuntu 20.10

I have two systems running the devel repos of Ubuntu 20.10. One has been upgraded from previous versions of Ubuntu, and one is a fresh install. The system upgrade from previous versions runs Insync fine, but on the fresh install machine Insync simply exits with no error when started:

16:45:41 evil@H510 ~» insync start --no-daemon
16:45:44 evil@H510 ~» 

The process simply exits. Running it with strace shows it forks, chects (rt_sigaction) for all the signals… then exits.

clone(child_stack=NULL, flags=CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID|CLONE_CHILD_SETTID|SIGCHLD, child_tidptr=0x7fa9c7f84a10) = 2738205
rt_sigaction(SIGHUP, {sa_handler=0x404960, sa_mask=[HUP], sa_flags=SA_RESTORER|SA_RESTART, sa_restorer=0x7fa9c7fcd270}, {sa_handler=SIG_DFL, sa_mask=[], sa_flags=0}, 8) = 0
wait4(2738205, [{WIFEXITED(s) && WEXITSTATUS(s) == 0}], 0, NULL) = 2738205
--- SIGCHLD {si_signo=SIGCHLD, si_code=CLD_EXITED, si_pid=2738205, si_uid=1000, si_status=0, si_utime=79, si_stime=3} ---

I’ve uninstalled, removed the config directory, re-installed, but it always behaves the same.

Perhaps there’s some assumed dependency that’s not there in the upcoming Ubuntu release, but I’m not sure how to easily debug what’s happening further.

Hi! Can you try to delete the insync[#].sock file (the [#] is a number and can vary) in the /tmp directory?

Let me know if it works!

That worked! I guess I had had it working on the machine at some previous time and some abnormal end had left that sock file lingering!

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for confirming! :slight_smile: