Insync-headless doesn't show "Shared with me" section

Hi there,

I’m trying to use insync-headless, and set up selective sync with the manage_selective_sync interface, but I’m finding a catastrophic bug: the manage_selective_sync curses interface doesn’t show the “Shared with me” section. The headless client is, by default, syncing everything in the “Shared with me” section, but that’s tens and tens of terabytes! It makes the headless client unusable! I had to immediately pause syncing so as to make sure that the headless client wasn’t going to try and download tens of terabytes.

This is on CentOS 7.4.

This is a serious bug.

Hey @sethgoldin!

We’ve replied to your chat message. Could you kindly send your log files to support@insynchq.com? :slight_smile:

Looks like there’s a hidden way to navigate over to the Shared with me section within the curses interface.

Kurt emailed me to let me know:

If you run ‘insync manage_selective_sync [EMAIL]’ and the press Ctrl+X, an option should appear to switch to the “Shared with me” view.

It would be great if the documentation for insync-headless were updated, but until then, hopefully this message helps someone…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @sethgoldin! :slight_smile:

DOCUMENTATION NEEDS TO CHANGE!!!
the Command should be:
insync manage_selective_sync [YOUR ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS]
and NOT
insync manage_selective_sync [THE SHARERS EMAIL ADDRESS - THIS WOULD NOT WORK]

also

insync-headless manage_selective_sync [YOUR ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS]
and NOT
insync-headless manage_selective_sync [THE SHARERS EMAIL ADDRESS - THIS WOULD NOT WORK]

Thank you, after hours of searching I finally landed here,
when I used the sharers email address your solution did not work and it got me thinking that I was using the wrong email address, hence I used my email address which then led me to the full sharing menu and your CTRL+X worked a treat.

Why on earth have they not documented this
I have been waiting hours for a response and received nothing, their chat feature in the website is a waste of time.

The software is great but it is no good if documentation cannot lead the user down the correct path.

Also the support here is terrible, no response on chat and questions in forum not answered.
At least the product does work most of the time.

Maybe that is the key if the product never breaks then it needs no support.

Hi @Jamie_Browning,

Thanks for responding back on the email thread! :slight_smile: Glad to know that you were able to resolve this on your end and rest assured we’ll review our CLI guide to make the instructions clearer.

Have a great week ahead!