Insync not working on Gnome 40 (with workaround)

I just updated my Gnome DE from 3.38 to 40.
Insync client won’t start in this new version. I have clicked several times on the app icon and even I typed sudo insync start and then insync show but I got the following output: Insync doesn't seem to be running. Start it first.
I think the problem is Gnome 40, because it was working good on Gnome 3.38.

My system especifications are:
S.O.: Arch Linux
Kernel: 5.11.12
DE: Gnome 40

Same problem here…

Hey guys! So sorry for the trouble. We’re coordinating with our Linux team to investigate and work on an improvement as soon as possible. I’ll update this thread accordingly.

Thank you so much for your patience!

1 Like

Update! This will be fixed in the next release :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome news! Thanks @mia :slight_smile:

No prob @Diogo_Baeder :slight_smile: You guys are awesome for raising this to our attention.

hello again,

i just upgraded to 3.3.9 and the problem seems to be not solved yet. Is that right or am i missing something?

1 Like

I am running F34 (beta) with Gnome 40 and with the most recent patch insync runs again on my system.
what’s your output of:
insync start --no-daemon

I updated too. The output of “insync start --no-daemon” is:

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.

(insync:6112): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 09:33:45.517: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings’ does not contain a key named ‘antialiasing’
zsh: trace trap (core dumped) insync start --no-daemon

It’s working again on Gnome 40 (Xorg) but it’s not working on Wayland

it is for me with

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland insync start --no-daemon

Using gnome 40 on archlinux, insync 3.3.9

I have the same output after updating do 3.3.9

With

$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland insync start

it works for me too.

Hey all! So confirming indeed that QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland insync start fixes it for this build, but our engineers have already lined up a permanent fix in our next release :wink:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I updated my system to Fedora 34 with Gnome 40 and the Insync icon does not appear on the top bar, whereas in the previous version it appeared normally. What to do?

1 Like

Hi @golinelhi! :slight_smile: Let me check this out with our engineers. Could you let me know what Insync version you’re running as well?

1 Like

I still have severe problems. Running wayland and gnome 40 with a scaling (set in gnom-control-center) of 150% doesn’t let insync recognize the settings. Even more problematic, I can’t control the GUI anymore with a mouse.

I’m on v3.3.9.40955.

1 Like

I’m on v3.3.9.40955.

Runs with --qt-qpa-platform=wayland, no icon, but GUI pops up with insync show on the terminal.

Like @Stephan_Gatzka, I’m on Gnome 40 (Wayland) with fractional scaling. Insync appears very small and some buttons (like Settings) can’t be used because it seems the mouse cursor mapping is offset to the right and sometimes falls outside the window.

Launching with something like:

QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1.5 insync start --qt-qpa-platform=wayland

works. Interestingly, if I go to settings like this, and change the Zoom to something bigger, and restart without the QT_SCALE_FACTOR, the size is bigger but there is still the mouse mapping problem where the buttons are unreachable.

1 Like

Right.
QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1.5 insync start --qt-qpa-platform=wayland
works, even though the scaling seems to bit far more then 1.5.

Yes the scaling factor also felt a bit off for me.

Here’s a capture of the mouse mapping issue when run without QT_SCALING_FACTOR (the mouse pointer is the correct size for the screen (scaled at 175%) and insync is super small).

1 Like