Insync Very Very Slow Linux Mint 18.1 Serena

Hello,

I am trying to start 2018 by breaking free from Windows and have successfully installed Linux Mint 18.1 Serena. Since I can’t break free from Google, just yet, I’m am hoping to purchase and use Insync.

MY PROBLEM:
Insync is painfully slow to synch. So slow I may have to abandon this project. There are no uploads, it’s all downloads. Google Drive normally has completed this within 3 days but at Insync’s rate, I don’t know if it will complete before the trial period ends. Are there any known problems or solutions for the slow synching?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, this is currently an issue with Insync as we only allow two file streams at a time (two uploads/downloads, one upload or one download). We will be addressing this with a new feature in a few months that will allow you more file streams.

Is there any particular message appearing in your app?

Thanks for your reply! To answer your question, no, there are no messages appearing in the app.

To be clear on my part, the app is responsive and appears to be working just fine. I’m able to easily navigate through its GUI, it pauses, and shuts down when directed to.

If I can answer any other question please just ask. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

@jaduenas Is there a time-frame for this feature? I can see comments going back to 2015 where this has been being promised “real soon now”. I would really like to buy a couple of licenses for insync, as it’s exactly what I need, but with the sync being this slow, I just don’t know if it’s going to work for me.

1 Like

I suggest using OverGrive.