Insync will not update or autostart KDE Neon

I just installed KDE Neon 5.26. I believe the Ubuntu base for it is 20.04. I have 2 issues.

First, it will not update when I run “sudo apt update”. I get this message: The repository ‘http://apt.insync.io/neon jammy Release’ does not have a Release file. I’ve searched but could not find an answer.

Second, Insync will not autostart. I found several posts but it seems it does not work.

Thank you.

Hello, @Ron_McIlvaine! Could you try the focal build instead?

Once you have that build installed, please let me know if the autostart issue persists. Please also let me know if you’ve set Insync to autostart on your 1) machine settings and 2) app settings.

Thank you!

@mia - Hi, I’m also having this problem in KDE Neon 5.26. I’ve worked around it for the time being, by creating an insync.service in “~/.config/systemd/user/”, and setting a delay before Insync starts.

I learnt how to do this from this thread on your forum: [workaround provided] Insync stopped starting automatically (Fedora 34, KDE)

According to the answer I received from you on the thread above, this was due to be fixed with the latest LTS release of Neon. However, when I enable “Start Insync on login” in App Settings, Insync does not run on login. I’m using Insync version 3.8.0. Any further help appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_W,

Thank you for sending the relevant details. I’ll have this investigated by our Linux team, and I’ll update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Hi! This is under investigation by our Linux team. We don’t have an ETA for the fix yet, but I’ll work closely with them to check for the progress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mia - Thanks for the update. I’ll keep watching this topic then, just so I can be notified of any new posts. Thanks once again! :pray:

1 Like

Appreciate it, @Paul_W! :slight_smile:

1 Like