Insync won't start on Manjaro with Mate desktop

I’ve got Manjaro with XFCE and Mate desktops installed. On XFCE Insync runs fine, but on Mate it won’t start. When I type “insync start” in the terminal, there are no errors, but nothing happens - no tray icon, and insync is not on the list of running applicaitons.

On “insync get_errors” I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "__main__insync__.py", line 129, in ipc_insync
  File "socket.py", line 224, in meth
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I get the same message on “insync quit”

@Pawel: What is the output of insync start --no-daemon?

i’ve installed Manjaro Mate on its own, and Insync is working, so I can’t go back to that error.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the reply.

Actually I’m having the problem again on my new installation.
The output of insync start --no-daemon is:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

@Pawel: I see. Please try the 1.3.15 build if it would work on your system. You can get it here: New Insync version: 1.3.15.

Unfortunately, I can’t install deb packages on Manjaro and I can’t build packages - I’m using the AUR community repositories in Manjaro/Arch. They have the latest releases, so if this version gets released, I will be able to update it. The strange thing is that it worked initially on this installation; I think it stopped after the latest system update.

@Pawel: Sorry, I forgot that Manjaro Linux is based on Arch Linux. There is a fix described in the AUR page:

The issue is caused by QGtkStyle, run qtconfig-qt4 and change your GUI style to something other then GTK+

Please try it out.

That’s helped. Thanks a lot!
I’m happy :relieved: