Is there any way to sync photos from the new photos.google.com

Ahh, when I went to Google Photos in Google Drive, I got a banner offering me the option to add them to “My Drive”. You can access this option via the settings (taken from https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?hl=en), specifically step 2:

1. Go to https://drive.google.com.
  2. Turn on the setting that creates a Google Photos folder in your “My Drive” folder (if you already turned this setting on, you can skip this step).
    • On the right, click the gear icon and then Settings.
    • Next to “Automatically put your Google Photos into a folder in My Drive,” check the box and then Done.

I logged into my @gmail.com account and Photos appear on the left in Drive.

Apparently that integration isn’t available for Google Apps for Work accounts yet. Or maybe it’s because I upgraded to Google Apps Unlimited. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Weird. I have that option in my work Google Apps account (paid Google Apps for Work) as well as my unpaid Google Apps account for personal use.

So I called Google Apps Support and they said they are slowly rolling it out to all accounts and eventually it will be available to everyone, but my account hasn’t been integrated into that system yet.

I’ve seen this with their Google features. They tend to like slow roll outs.

Thanks for being helpful TravellingGuy!

Hi @shawnlemon and @TravellingGuy, thanks for helping us with this. We saw the same solution and the way to add your Google Photos is to add a separate folder for it in drive. Google Photos itself allows you to create that folder in Google Drive.

Actually all of this didn’t worked for me until I’ve updated to the last 1.2.15 version.

Until now only a few multimedia files were synchronized each day. Could be something related with total Google Photo’s directory size (for sure more than 40Gb in my case)?

Worked on my personal gmail. In fact it wanted to confirm and recognized that I was using Insync.

Same problem here. I have a Google Apps Education (similar to work edition) with unlimited GB in Drive.

When I started my testings everything seems to work OK and I was able to see the Google Drive fotos uploaded in the Google Photos App… in web an iOS.

When I have decided to upload all my photos (30 GB aprox.) I’m not able to see or search in Google Photos the pictures or videos uploaded in drive.

I’m thinking in remove the 30GB uploaded to repeat the testings.

Hello guys, as of now we do not directly support Google Photos, however, Google Photos has an option to add Google Photos as a folder in Google Drive. Will let you know if we’re releasing a version that will support that particular feature.

Hi jaduenas,

Can you please advise if Insync now supports Google Photos?

What is the best way to use Insync and Google Photos together?

Thank you!

Hi Ben, none yet as of now, best way is to use the option within Google Photos to place a Google Photos folder within your Google Drive :smile:

Hi,

Any update on this?

Regards,
Ben

If you use the option “add a google’s photo folder in my drive”, all your google’s photos will be put in a folder called google photo and you will be able to sync it with insync like any others folders. :camera:

Thanks. But that doesn’t preserve your original folder structure, right? eg Christmas 2010, Marta’s Birthday 2006, etc. Instead, everything is dumped into one giant folder, right?

It sort your photo in folder by date : years and mouths.

Like you’ve got an Google photo folder, within you’ve got folders with years (2011, 2012…) and within a folder (like 2012), photo are sort in folders with mouths (01, 02…)

Thanks. Yes, got that. But unfortunately that limited feature doesn’t help us who want to file photos by events as well. Think of Dropbox - you sync in folders defined by an event, theme, project, subject, etc. Shame that Insync can’t do this with Google Photos. It’d be great if they introduce this feature before Google does so themselves. With Google Photos now allowing selective sync, it seems likely that native folder syncing is around the corner with Google anyway.

Hi Jaduenas,

Since January, can you please confirm if there’s now a solution available so we can store photos by events (eg holidays, hobbies, birthdays, work events, etc) instead of only by dates?

Thank you in advance!

I’m just off a chat with Google support. Now they tell me if you have a lot of pictures you will not be able to see them all in the Google Photos folder in Drive. That completely renders that feature useless for me in the context of InSync. In Dropbox this isn’t a problem at all but Google also tell me there’s no way to download all your pictures from Google Photos! So I’m stuck with only a few pictures in my Google Photos folder in Drive and no way to download them all from Google Photos. InSync would solve an enormous problem if they introduced support for Google Photos. Right now Dropbox seems like a better option but sadly not one I can use since I can’t download all my pictures!

Yes, please support it!! That one-folder-for-all is just a unusable mess. On Google Photos i have different folders and would upload fe. art to art and movie-posters to movie-posters a.s.o.! And i’m on Linux, so i can’t wait for a Google solution.

After more then a year still no Google Photos support :frowning:

Please add the support for Google Photos, like the native app from Google for Windows.
We really need that on Linux.

Features

• Let us choose a local folder
  • preserve our local folder structure.