In Google Drive, when you use Shift - Z, you can 'Add To' one or more additional directories. This is similar to hard links in Linux.
However, when I do that, Insync says I've moved the file.
- File F is in Directory A in Google Drive (and local disk)
- Select the File in Google Drive
- Press Shift Z
- Select Directory B
- Click "Add"
- In time, Insync synchronizes Metadata
- Insync says "You moved F from A to B" (UNEXPECTED)
- On Google Drive, F is present in A (CORRECT)
- On my local disk, F is no longer present in A (UNEXPECTED)
- Insync says "You added F (from A) to B"
- F is present in A
- F is present in B
- F in A is a hard link to F in B
Let me know if you need any more information