New Insync version: 3.2.5

Release notes:

• Rollback updating of local modified timestamp when renaming items
  • Fix bug when deleting .gdlink or .gdmap files

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) & (20.04 Focal)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

Linux MInt 20 fully updated
Installed on a fresh SDD
Copied home folder from backup storage
Installed Insync 3.2.5.40859
Installation went fine
Syncing started, scanning, going through files and folders
After a while this stalls and the Insync icon greys out
Need to quit/restart for the process to continue
It’s difficult to say if it continues or starts all over as I have ~1,000,000 (yes, that’s one million) files in my Google Drive
Insync is set for selective sync, but it does include majority of those files (close to 1.3TB)
However, all those files (bar a few) are already on my machine - barely anything needs actually syncing and I am occasionally seeing a file being download/upoaded.
Not too worried about some unnecessary transfers but I’m wondering if the initial sync will ever finish as my new and modified files don’t get synced up as they are outprioritised by old ones being processed unnecessarily.

I’ve been holding off on 3.x for a LONG time but had to plunge for Linux Mint 20.

Can’t believe there are still issues like this.

Any idea when and how this can improve?

Add to this occasional need to re-login into my Google account as my “authentication token is invalid”.

Unbelievable

Hi @Vladimir_Oka,

So sorry for the huge trouble! The initial migration to Insync 3 can take some time because it’s file-matching, but this should chug along consistently and not get stuck along the way.

Could you send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com so we can investigate this further? These are located in ~/.config.

Hi @mia,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, lost the logs in the un/re-install exercise.

In the meantime, I have moved a lot of the files out of the way (to a different cloud backup account) and it seems to have helped. Insync finished initial sync and seems to be working OK for now.

I wasn’t so much bothered with initial check/sync. It is only to be expected and with a million files it will take long. My issue was with unnecessary downloads (especialy of files 24GB in size!) and a couple of lost authentication tokens. Neither should have happened, especailly the latter (a few mis-identified syncs are fine and almost to be expected).

I can now just hope Insync will continue to work properly - and improve, there’s a lot to improve still! - as I’m relying on it quite heavily. Being the only game in town for Linux does not mean dozing on the laurels! :wink:

Thanks again
Vladimir

1 Like

Hey,

I think many of us would appreciate if you could update the progress on the bugs that are filed and unresolved.
I am personally stuck on version 3.2.1 with no possibility to revert to 1.5.x. There are two bugs I have filed. There are bugs that are of cosmetic nature but some are very crucial causing data corruption.
Please prioritize accordingly and keep us updated

1 Like

@bpavacic Thanks for this feedback, Boris! I’ll look into the progress of the unresolved issues so I can collab with our engineers to help manage user expectations. We definitely don’t want to keep you guys in the dark!

Appreciate the update! I’ll bring this up with our engineers accordingly. :slight_smile:

Hello Mia,

Insync still has some severe bugs corrupting user data since at least two months already and customers got no updates on the progress.

At the moment you have an unusable, unstable, data-corrupting product and a bunch of paying customers.
I would appreciate if you could prioritize the work and get things fixed.

I am using Ubuntu 20.04, and it makes fun noise goes to high. Everyday I need to kill the Insync process. In the previous release it did not happen. But before the previous release, it happened too.