No GUI for my non-headless versions

I have no idea what to do with InSync at the moment. I’m using the latest build of Fedora 27 and have purposely not installed the headless version so that I can sync files with the GUI - but even though InSync is running and doing things, I can’t get the GUI to appear! Is there a terminal command to force this to appear? Some other suggestion? I am stuck with a couple of issues at the moment because I need the GUI to fix some errors. I have no idea what to do and could really use someone’s help. I’m currently using the 1.4 beta version but I’ve tried this on the most recent 64-bit Fedora version with the same result.

Tagging our engineer @jimperio and @beatobongco and they will get back to you.

@rabbittown What desktop environment are you using? So just to confirm, the issue is that the Insync tray icon isn’t appearing, and hence you can’t access the app window.

Have you used Insync previously (maybe on a different distro) with a working tray icon and GUI?

Yes, that’s the problem. I’m not sure what you mean by desktop environment, sorry. I’m using Fedora 27, the regular build. This may have happened when I updated Fedora to the latest build. I had been using it without problems up to a certain point and then when it went “headless” (I think that’s the right term) it was ok for a while until I needed the GUI for something. So I tried installing and uninstalling and now I can’t do anything …

Sorry, just to be clear - I didn’t ever actually install the headless version, it just did this on its own @jimperio @beatobongco

I’d really appreciate getting some support with this - I have been unable to sync anything for days now and I depend on this ability … @jimperio @beatobongco

Hello @rabbittown, I’m sorry not to get back to you sooner. Could you try installing the TopIcons GNOME extension to see whether it solves your issue? (It has worked for me on Ubuntu 17.10 / GNOME 3.26). https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/495/topicons/

That worked. I installed TopIcons and then restarted and the icon was there - thanks for the tip @jimperio. Now to rebuild things!