Not syncing newest files

I installed the trial version, which expired yesterday. I then purchased a licence.

Between the time of the expiry and the licence purchase, I made modifications to (or added) several local files. I notice that these modifications/additions are not reflected on Drive.

What is the best way to force a sync or to confirm that all is synced correctly?

Thanks in advance,
SJL

I quit the application and restarted it. Everything synced correctly. Problem resolved.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. If this occurs again, kindly email us at support@insynchq.com :smile:

However, this does not solve the problem. Yes, quitting and restarting forces a sync, but the next time you add a file, it won’t sync, and you have to repeat the quit/restart!

I just saw this problem today on Mint 17.2. I had added a file yesterday but Insync did not upload it, and when I checked in “manage”, it did not show up in the list. I was hunting around for a way to add it manually (there is not one), but I found a link to “go to folder”. Clicking this popped up a dialog that says this:

File doesn’t exist, or I can’t access it: file:///mnt/sdb2/home/xxx/gdrive

That is the correct gdrive folder so I checked the permissions of the running process and the folder, and everything looked fine. Also other things were syncing, it just wasn’t picking up the new files. More clicking around in the interface and I stumbled on the “feed” where I saw a “You added file.txt” notification. Clicking this popped up exactly the same dialog I mentioned above. Further, I found the clicking ANY notification resulted in this dialog.

Poking around in the filesystem I found .config/Insync/out.txt which had an error message and a Python exception:

“sni-qt/30011” WARN 01:47:54.922 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
Created new window in existing browser session.
Exception in thread Inotify loop:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “threading.py”, line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
File “threading.py”, line 763, in run
File “isyncd/linux/fswatch.py”, line 278, in _pull_loop
error: (4, ‘Interrupted system call’)

Don’t know what that means but “fswatch.py” looks relevant. If it matters, I have python 2.7.6 (default) and python 3.4.3 installed.

I finally tried quitting and restarting insync, and upon restart it could see everything presumably sync everything. The “Go to drive web” button works and I verified that the new files were uploaded and accessible. However, it still cannot open the gdrive folder or open any files, same dialog as above.

Is there a known fix for this? If not I am happy to help try to debug and resolve it.

@maharvey67: The error in fswatch.py could have caused the file to not upload. It watches your Insync folder for changes, and if it was stopped then Insync might not have been notified of the file you added. I’ll check this out.

For the other error, Insync runs xdg-open to open files using their default applications. In your case it looks like the default application for opening folders is raising an error. You can check what application is being called by running xdg-mime query default inode/directory.

In my case there is no output, but you can also try running bash -x /usr/bin/xdg-open /home to run xdg-open with debug output so you can see the commands being run. Hope this helps.